For past 3 years, I have a domain with eNom and have been paying renewal fee of 49.95 every year, which is a total rip-off. (it's a .com in case you're curious)

So I decided to initiate a transfer on 25 Oct 2016.

Lo and behold, hours later on that every same day, I was shocked to receive an email in my inbox, telling me they had renewed my domain and charged another 49.95 to my credit card!

I sent an email and a trouble ticket to their helpdesk, clarifying that I did NOT initiate a renewal and what I did was a transfer. And till date (30 Oct 2016), I have not received a reply from eNom, apart from the auto-generated acknowledgement email.

The uncanny timing of the renewal activation from their end and convenient lack of response is all part of what I perceived as highly questionable business practice. I see some complaints here about how difficult it is to transfer domain out from them. Now that I'm in a similar situation, I feel that I need to share my experience.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $50. vincepng is overall dissatisfied with ENOM. The most disappointing about enom domain service at ENOM was making it hard to transfer domain and poor customer support Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about ENOM.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hosting category for more informed decision or compare ENOM to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with ENOM?

Comments